We love jamming. To ensure that everyone has a good time jamming, please adhere to the following etiquette guidelines.
The 10 Commandments of Jamming
(Abstracted from forgotten websites and modified by the Albuquerque Megaband)
1. Pay attention to what’s going on. Sit so that you can see and hear the other musicians.
2. Keep the beat, do not rush, do not drag.
3. Keep your instrument in tune and play in tune.
4. Play extra softly if someone is singing.
5. The musician who starts a tune is generally the one who decides when to end it. Refer to Rule 1.
6. Be mindful of the banjo section; do not change keys more often than necessary.
7. Do not practice licks on your instrument between tunes.
8. Do not come to a jam session expecting to impress others with your virtuosity. Jam sessions are opportunities to share tunes and songs.
9. Play some tunes that everybody knows.
10. It is never a sin to play too softly.
* The Golden Rule of Jamming: If you don’t know what you’re doing, play softly. *